Aug 13, 2012 4:57:29 PM
There’s a common misconception that neutral has to be boring but it certainly does not! If you’ve been contemplating losing those white walls for a more neutral shade, you should! Just a hint of color brought in by a neutral shade will totally revamp your room and give it warmth.
- Cream – If you’re not ready for too much color, cream is the perfect solution. It works well with virtually any decor and it will make the space appear larger, which makes it a perfect color for a small room. You don’t have to worry about buying new furniture or changing your theme either because the color is so versatile.
- Pale Green – This is a soft, cool shade that is quickly becoming popular because of the calming environment it creates. Moss or sage shades are preferred because they contain less yellow.
- Bluish-gray – If your home has warmer tones, this shade is probably not a good idea however, if your decor is made up of white, neutral or black, this is a perfect color to compliment what’s already in the space.
- Smoky Lavender – Not only can a light grayish-lavender shade compliment a neutral room, it’s kind of sexy and mysterious too. This is the color to watch for this year!
- Grant Beige – While beige always gets the bland word associated with it, this is a color that can look spectacular in a modern room. Alternatively, if you keep your palette very clean with creams, white and a pinch of black, Grant beige can appear very architectural.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and inexpensive way to give a room a facelift, consider adding a bit of neutral paint to your walls. If you’re someone who has had white walls for a long time, it can be scary to make a commitment to a new color but paint is never permanent so if you find that you’re not in love with it, you can always change it back!
Post Your Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Click Here to log in