Answers You Want to Realize Before a Design Project
Oct 4, 2013 9:56:22 AM
Before you even think about redecorating, remodeling, or hiring an Interior Designer; it is important for you to ask yourself some pertinent questions prior to even interviewing an Interior Designer.
- What do you most want to achieve? Do you want to improve the overall look of the entire house? Do you want to focus on a particular room? Do you want to make any changes to the existing floor plan and remodel? Do you need help in organizing and throwing or getting rid of items that you don’t need? What do you want the designer to help you with?
- Once you choose the room or rooms that you are going to work on; ask yourself what activities you want to enjoy in that room. How many people should it accommodate? Are there certain times when you will be accommodating more people than usual in that room?
- Within what time frame do you want the project or projects to go on?
- What styles do I want to incorporate? Do I want to start fresh or do I want to improve upon my existing furnishings?
- Do I want to include a budget for lighting in the existing space? What type of lighting would I like to include? Do I want mood, task, or accent lighting upgrades? Do I want it to be digitized where the lighting is hooked up to my smart phone or pre-programmed?
- What colors do I like and why? Do I want a lively and cheerful room or do I want it serene and comforting?
- Is there anything in design that I know I am absolutely opposed to?
- Do I want to interview them? What do I want to know about their work history, education, experience, and previous work? Do I want to require them to give references?
- How much am I willing to spend and when? Ask the designer how fees are determined. How much of your money will go towards the products and services vs. how much is going to be allocated to the designer fees.
- What methods will I use in order to find the right designer? Should I do an internet search, ask friends and colleagues, or turn to a professional website such as the American Society of Interior Designers, International Interior Design Association, and the Association of Interior Design Professionals.
Post Your Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Click Here to log in