May we suggest
One of the most popular furniture creations by the Swiss-French architect designer Le Corbusier, the Le Corbusier Chaise Lounge LC4 is a chaise lounge or French long chair implemented in the International Style. LC4 - Le Corbusier Chaise Lounge Chair is the best known and most successful of his designs. Our reproduction is built with high quality stainless steel. The surface is black leather. The "wave" in this chair lounge mirrors the curves of the body making it extremely comfortable and ergonomic.
The Le Corbusier Chaise Lounge LC4 can be more or less separated into three fractions: the lower steel base, the curved frame at the center, and the blend seat and backrest with a matching headroll cushion on top.The cushions are made of multi-density foam for firm support and plush comfort. The frame is easily adjustable, making it a great reading chaise as well as one that is perfect for sleeping for an extended period of time.
- - Highlighted by stainless steel accents
- - Upholstered in black top-grain leather
- - Comfortable foam fill seating with rubber band backing
- - Adjustable chaise design
- - Works great in your living room, den, or office
About Le Corbusier
Le Corbusier was a Swiss-French architect, designer, urbanist, writer and also painter, who is famous for being one of the pioneers of what now is called Modern architecture or the International Style.
In 1925, at the time when he conceived the Pavillon de l'Esprit Nouveau, Le Corbusier turned to the problem of furniture as part of home equipment. He said: "Chairs are architecture, sofas are bourgeois." Le Corbusier began experimenting with furniture design in 1928 after inviting the architect, Charlotte Perriand, to join his studio. His cousin, Pierre Jeanneret, also collaborated on many of the designs. He sketched several designs for furniture, and at the Salon d'Automne in 1929 presented, in collaboration with Pierre Jeanneret et Charlotte Perriand, several well-known models including the chaise lounge and the petite sofa and chair.
* Why not check out more Modern Classic Furniture we carry? You will find various retro, modern, Bauhaus and contemporary pieces originally designed by designers such as Eileen Gray, George Nelson,Le Corbusier, Harry Bertoia, Noguchi and etc. Take your time!