Inspired by the original tulip pedestal table design by Eero Saarinen, our tulip fiberglass table echoes the great mid-century with its tulip base and round top. The thin sleek shape adds elegance and style to almost any interior. Its minimalist frame fits perfectly in either a dining room or office. Impress guests with the table's circular fiberglass surface. Like the flower it refers to, this table has an atractive allure year-round.
- - Available in 2 different diameters: 36" and 47"
- - Height stays consistent at 29"
- - Table top shape: round
- - Smooth, glossy Fiberglass top and matching base
- - Perfect match with tulip arm chairs, tulip armless chairs and panton style S chairs.
About Eero Saarinen
Eero Saarinenwas a Finnish American architect and product designer of the 20th century famous for varying his style according to the demands of the project: simple, sweeping, arching structural curves or machine-like rationalism. Saarinen emigrated to the United States of America in 1923 when he was thirteen years old. He grew up within the community of the Cranbrook Academy of Art in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, where his father taught.
Saarinen designed many important pieces of furniture including the "Womb" chair and ottoman (1948), the "Womb" settee (1950), side and arm chairs (1948-1950), and his most famous "Tulip" or "Pedestal" group (1956), which featured side and arm chairs, dining, coffee and side tables, as well as a stool. His Womb chair and ottoman, as well as his"Tulip" collection, have remained in production and are considered iconic.
* Why not check out more Modern Classic Furniture we carry? You will find various retro, modern, Bauhaus and contemporary pieces originally designed by designers such as Eileen Gray, George Nelson,Le Corbusier, Harry Bertoia, Noguchi and etc. Take your time!