May we suggest
Relax in style with this Lounge chair and Ottoman, a piece sure to put you on cloud nine. A truly unique piece of artwork, the Eames lounge chair and ottoman reflects retro-modern and contemporary design! This timeles piece of furniture is made with Italian leather seats and back wrapped in walnut veneer with swivel bases. And matching ottoman takes comfort to another level. For modern furniture aficionados, you know this to be the Eames lounge and ottoman, first released by Charles and ray Eames in 1956. Made of top quality molded plywood and supple leather upholstery, you'll find an original in New York's Museum of Modern Art.
Our Eaze lounge chair and ottoman is made in the style of the original Eames Lounge and Ottoman. Now, you can enjoy it in your own home and skip the trip to the big apple if you buy it here instead.What's more? You will get high quality reproduction offered at substantial savings.
- - Walnut veneer frame
- - Black and cream leather available
- - Aluminum swivel base for both chair and ottoman
- - Adjustable glides
- - Italian leather cushions
- - Simple assembly required
- - This item is not an original Charles & Ray Eames Lounge chair, nor is it manufactured by or affiliated with Herman Miller.
About Charles and Ray Eames
Charles (1907–1978) and Ray (1912–1988) Eames were American designers, married in 1941, who worked and made major contributions in many fields of design. The couple set up the office of Charles and Ray Eames, which functioned for more than four decades (1943–88) at 901 Washington Boulevard in Venice, California, included in its staff, at one time or another, a number of remarkable designers, like Henry Beer and Richard Foy, Don Albinson, Deborah Sussman, Harry Bertoia, and Gregory Ain. Among the many important designs originating there are the molded-plywood DCW (Dining Chair Wood) and DCM (Dining Chair Metal with a plywood seat) (1945), Eames Lounge Chair (1956), the Aluminum Group furniture (1958), Eiffel Plastic Side Chair, as well as the Eames Chaise (1968).
* Why not check out more Modern Classic Furniture we carry? You will find various retro, modern, Bauhaus and contemporary pieces originally designed by designers such as Eileen Gray, George Nelson, Le Corbusier, Harry Bertoia,Noguchi and etc. Take your time!