You're currently on:
The Bubble chair is a reproduction of a mid-century classic.This is not the Eero Aarnio Bubble Chair, but it is very much like it. Aarnio had the idea of a transparent ball where light comes from all directions after he had made the Ball Chair. Also referred to as Hanging Bubble Chair, or Hanging Ball Chair, it has become an iconic masterpiece. The transparent Ball Chair creates a room within a room. The Bubble swallows the sound and you feel isolated inside in a pleasant way. Sit inside, it creates your own world without the noise and distractions of the outside world.
The Bubble Chair is great for many activities including reading, writing, talking on the phone, or just relaxing. The Norwegean phonecompany Telenor has installed some Bubble Chairs in the entrance hall of their new building in Oslo to offer calm "rooms" for mobile phoning. This hanging chair is also used in music videos, advertising and fashion magazines. Celebreties like Darryl Hannah, Donnatella Versace and Nina Hagen have enjoyed the Bubble Chair on photo shootings and Carmen Electra on cover of the December 2000 issue of Playboy.
- - Acrylic
- - Stable and reliable design
- - Comfortable and removable fabric cushion
- - Meets architectural specifications of the original design.
- - Comes with a 6 foot chain and a mounting hook.
- - The weight capacity is 300 pounds.
- - Professional installation is recommended. It is straight forward.
- - A large hook goes into beam in the ceiling or anchored if ceiling is cement.
- - Special order only. Takes 8-12 weeks
- - For swatch options, please click on "Swatch" tab on this page.
About Eero Aarnio
Eero Aarnio (born 21 July 1932) is a Finnish interior designer, well known for his innovative furniture designs in the 1960s, notably his plastic and fiberglass chairs. His designs were an important aspect of 1960s popular culture, and could often be seen as part of sets in period science-fiction films.After started his own office in 1962, Eero Aarnio introduced his Ball Chair, a hollow sphere on a stand, open on one side to allow a person to sit within. The similar Bubble Chair was clear and suspended from above. Other innovative designs included his floating Pastil Chair (similar to a solid inner tube), and Tomato Chair (more stable with a seat between three spheres).
* Why not check out more Modern Classic Furniture we carry? You will find various retro, modern, Bauhaus and contemporary pieces originally designed by designers such as Eileen Gray, George Nelson,Le Corbusier, Harry Bertoia, Noguchi and etc. Take your time!
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: Bubble Chair
List Price: $499.99
Our Price: $360.00
List Price: $182.00
Our Price: $125.00
List Price: $2,100.00
Our Price: $839.00
List Price: $380.00
Our Price: $159.99
List Price: $419.99
Our Price: $165.00
List Price: $699.99
Our Price: $450.00