May we suggest
Is it a platform or a bench? The 1948 furniture catalog claims it's both - also a table. This bench is one of the great symbols of mid-century-modernism. For Nelson, the design director for Herman Miller, utility was as important as beauty. This multi usable bench is proof of that.
The nelson bench was part of Nelson's first collecton, and remains extremely popular today. Perfectly combining form and function, it is easy to understand the staying power of this respected design.
Also known as Nelson Slat Bench, it is a timeless piece that is as functional as it is beautiful. Common uses include using the slat bench as a seating bench, coffee table, and as a platform for displaying things such as plants, art work, stereos, etc. Easily identifiable by its clean, and crisp lines, this striking piece of furniture can be seen in living rooms, office spaces, libraries and banks around the world.
Our nelson benches are reproductions of the originals. We offer the 5 foot reproduction of this item.
- - Finish: Natural
- - Birch legs in black finish
- - Reproduction of Nelson's simple wooden bench design
- - Solid hardwood construction and sleek design
- - Simple assembly required
* Why not check out more Modern Classic Furniture we carry? You will find various retro, modern, Bauhaus and contemporary pieces originally designed by designers such as Eileen Gray, George Nelson, Le Corbusier, Harry Bertoia,Noguchi and etc. Take your time!